Finally! My own recipe, after adapted from here and there, experienced a lot of errors, and goodness too, I present my own chocolate chip cookies recipe. Tadaaaa.....
Butterism Chopped Chocolate Cookies
make about 25 2" cookies
110 gr butter, room temperature
55 gr caster sugar
55 gr brown sugar
3/4 tsp coffee essence (if you want a lighter version, you can change it to vanilla essence)
200 gr all purpose flour
150 gr chopped dark chocolate (not chocolate chip, trust me it's so much better if you go with the chopped chocolate)
nb: I change my recipe's name halfway writing this post, as I realized it doesn't involve chocolate chip at all.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 oC
2. Beat butter and both sugars in a mixing bowl, whisk until fully incorporated and the mixture's color turn into lighter brown.
3. Crack in the egg and add the essence, keep whisking until mixture is thick, smooth and shiny with no sugar lumps.
4. Stir in the flour, whisking just until half-combined. Stop the whisking and using spatula continue the mixing. Stir together gently, don't overmix the dough.
5. Add the main ingredient, stir in the chopped dark chocolate, and giving dough final stir to ensure no flour pockets remain.
6. Using tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop balls of cookie dough on an ungreased cookie sheets. Don't flatten the dough.
7. Bake it for 5 minutes, and then take the cookies out (don't forget to close your oven lid!) flatten the cookies with fork, and get them back where they should belong. Bake for 15-17 minutes more, until the cookies are golden brown and start to smell like heaven.
I think everybody has their own characteristic of chocolate chip cookies. Me, I like it crisp and thick, rich and chocolaty, and I found it already :) How do you like yours?